Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Last Thing I Need

If you know my family even in the slightest bit, you know that we love our hobbies. When it comes to hobbies and me, I definitely have more then my fair share and the last thing I need is a new one. Well, when you say you are not going to do something, you usually go out and do it. For me I wasn't going to get another hobby while in school. And well, as nature would have it, I went out and found a new one. What is this new hobby you ask? Cake Decorating. There is something relaxing about decorating a cake, it distracts me from my thoughts, my surroundings, and just life its self. Best part about this hobby, I can eat it. I normally don't eat my hobbies, I don't eat pottery or a quilt or a drawing, but cake? I will eat a cake. GREAT, not only did I get a hobby I didn't need, but I got a hobby that comes with calories I don't need on the hips.

I have always felt awkward when it comes to sharing the things I create with others, except for with my parents. My mom has been on my case lately about the lack of pictures telling me that the whole point of a blog is to post pictures[Did you get that Mayor? Blogs= more pictures:)]. Since this is a blog and it is my blog I guess I have no choice; I have to post some pictures of my work. Enjoy! Well... enjoy the best you can, I think you can imagine what two layers of chocolate cake with a layer of vanilla cake in between can taste like.





I still have a lot of practice a head of me. But that is the whole point of hobbies, right?
P.s. Don't feel bad, I didn't get to eat this one either.

This next picture is one we did quickly in class and had only a little bit of time to do it. The whole point of the exercise was to learn how to use edible paper.


I love Cookie Monster!!! He has always made me smile, I guess that is why I choose to use him, I was in need of a smile.

Oh dear, if my mom has it her way, I guess I have two new hobbies I don't need: cake decorating and blogging. More hobbies... that is the last thing I need.

4 comments:

Marti said...

Great job!! I loved the colors on the first cake and as for cookie monster, how could you go wrong, I love him too!

Goose said...

Yay! You actually blogged! The cake looks great! Love you!

Mayor of CrazyTown said...

Scrunch wants a princess cake. :) Good job! I would like Dads humingbird cake decorated like Cookie Monster. If you're taking orders... :)

needlenut said...

Those cakes are incredible. Good for you. Can't wait for you to come home and practice.

Labels