Friday, June 6, 2008

Learning from Other Mistakes


You know the old saying about learning from other peoples mistakes? I am about to give you that very opportunity. That's right I pulled yet another Dumb Bass move. It turns out that you cant just stick anything down a garbage disposal. I was under the impression that a garbage disposal could take on just about anything except for maybe the glass measuring cup yannette tried to stick down our old one a few years ago. So, I was helping clean up the kitchen last night and was assigned the task of dumping out old leftovers from the fridge. Well, I had seen and had dumped rice down the sink before so I thought" Oh no problem" as I dumped not a cup full of rice or even two but more along the lines of five or six cups of rice at one time along with some spaghetti. As it turns out and seems like everyone except me knew this, you shouldn't put rice down the sink because one, it cant be broken down by the garbage disposal and two, it clogs drains. Oops. To say the least I clogged the drain. I cleared out from under the sink and then quickly cleared out of the way so that a "Professional" at cleaning drains could work his magic. Being a Dad of four girls who have a lot of hair and other things, he has probably cleaned out more sink drains and shower drains then some plumbers probably have in their entire careers. I doubt that was exactly what he had in mind of doing before going to bed was to dismantle the kitchen sink and be sprayed with rice and rice juice as it gushed out the pipes.Probably the best part of the evening was when my Mom "accidentally" squirted him with the spray hose attached to the sink as she was cleaning out the sink. I guess pictures are worth a thousand words.
To say the least I have learned a valuable lesson and so should you because not very one has a patient plumber that is on call almost 24/7. I guess it is in the job discription of being a dad:)

2 comments:

Mayor of CrazyTown said...

You're way ahead of me. I only learned this about three months ago, but with a boatload of pasta.

Crazy Me... said...

I woke up to you cackling....

thank goodness dad is a patient man!

Labels