Friday, June 11, 2010

What I Have Learned So Far

Oh you know this is going to be interesting. An entire blog entry about what a soon to be twenty-one year old girl/woman, has learned so far at school. Brace yourself. Don't say I didn't warn you.

So the idea that school is to learn math, English, science and all that confusing stuff, is crap. There is a lot more to be learned at school. Some of the things you learn are good, some not so good.Some make sense and certain things don't. There are some things you learn about that you seek out and want to know more about and there is a lot of things I have learned that I could have gone a life time, scratch that, an eternity without knowing.So here is the list of some of the things I have learned:

*Just because an electric stove top isn't red doesn't mean it is not hot.

*Just because it is the middle of May does not mean that it can't snow. I learned this one on my way back from albertsons which is about a little under a mile away from my apartment, I was wearing capris and flip flops.

*Giving the sex talk to a roommate is never easy.

*you can never fully understand the importance of patience until you live with certain kinds of people.

*Giving each of your roommates nicknames they don't know about, is a good idea and helps with communicating with family.

*Captain Crunch and Pasta Salad don't taste so bad together in the same meal.

*There is a big difference between having your opinions and being judgemental.

*Sometimes when someone says something is orange you have to say it is purple.

*Five hundred degrees is very hot.

*Falling down concrete stairs...yeah it hurts.

*Repetition is not allows a good thing.

*Repetition is not allows a good thing.

*Somethings are meant to be thrown away...want more details ask me in person.

*It is possible to squeak your head (yeah this is one of my teachers)

*Never buy more then you can carry.

*There is nothing sexy about knees. Cue: Awkward silence.

*You should help others not because it is on you checklist of things to do, but because you want to help them.

*There is no way in hell I could ever have been a pioneer.

*A lot of decorating can be done with a glue stick.

*Talking to my door instead of to my face probably wont get the same results.

*What doesn't kill you makes you stronger...so I have been told.

*Facebook doesn't help you study.

*Maker of Tide pens should be sainted.

*When you inhale and you feel you nose seal shut, you know it is cold.

*Hawaii has chickens, Rexburg has squirrels.

*Being a poor college student after a long day, you learn to swing both ways. Pepsi or Coke Cola I mean. Get your mind out of the gutter.

*Laughter is the best medicine.

As you can see there is a lot more to be learned beside calculus and photosynthesis. And the list could go on and on. I had to leave the really good stuff out, just in case. Some say you can never learn too much, I strongly disagree.

2 comments:

Goose said...

Hahahahahah. Miqui you make me laugh so hard.

Mayor of CrazyTown said...

You're the bees knees. Grrr!

Labels