Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Doing Everything But What I should Be Doing

It is official I am a procrastinator. I am doing everything that I possibly can beside what I should be doing, like writing my research paper, my article analysis and study for my damn finals that are next week. I went to the beach today to "study" for my Hospitality final, yeah that went well. Actually I spent most my time sleeping under a towel because it was raining slightly. I have been on Yannette’s blog like three times today and she is on here more then me because every time I have gone on there is a new post. I have been on facebook, I walk over to the RA office to talk to my RA for something to do, and I spent as much time as it is physically possible chewing my dinner.

Why all this effort? Why don’t I just write the stupid papers and get it over with? Well, one I am a procrastinator and two, I think that research papers are stupid and a waste of time. Why should I take someone else’s hard work and effort reword it and call it my own and that supposing that my sources are original work. Yes, I guess this is a linguistics class and it can be argued that I am proving the point that language is infinitely creative and that that you can take the same idea and write it in a way that it has never been written before, but what the point in that? It just goes to show I have a good grasp of my native tongue, Congratulations to me. Why doesn’t my teacher just ask me to write a paper on what I think of this class, if it is creativity he wants I'll give him creativity? Of course I probably just get my butt reported to the honor code office because of my creative language.

At least I know that I am not alone in my feelings, my parent were joking that the difference between plagiarism and research paper is that you plagiarize multiple peoples work. Why can’t teachers see it that way, it not like it is rocket science? I told Jessie today that if she ever makes you students write a research paper I will personally discourage them from writing it.

Well, I guess I can only put this off so much. Whether I like it or not and no matter how stupid it is I still have to write it if I want to even remotely pass this class. I am off to go B.S. my way though a paper or two.

No comments:

Labels